Forum Discussion

ReneeHansen
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Create a button that displays an embedded report from a different table

Hello,
I want to create a button that displays an embedded report from a different table that is related to what's on the current record.

I want a button to go in the green circle and open that report that's embedded and related to that unit.
Thank you! And I'm such a novice, so please be elementary with me :)

------------------------------
Renee Hansen

5 Replies

KirkTrachy1
    Quickbase Staff
    Hi Renee:

QuickBase uses report links to display related records. These can be from the same table but mostly these are displaying child records that somehow relate to the parent record (like, "display all the tasks where my project's Record ID# matches the Related Project reference field"). And if you use this you can choose either a link or an embedded report.  If neither of them satisfy need you can also add a formula URL field and make that a button that will do the same thing.

The video shows how to gather the information we need for the button and how to build it.

URLRoot()&"db/"&[_DBID_TASKS]&"?a=q&qt=tab&dvqid=32&query={'48'.TV.'"&[Record ID#]&"'}&clist=6.23.127.67.12.13.108.33.86.85.76.77.10.98.75.3.84&slist=12.77&opts=so-AA.gb-V.qws."

We cover questions like this in our daily, "Office Hours" webinars held each weekday, M-F at 1pm Eastern time. This is an open Q&A session where we take questions and build solutions. 

Kirk Trachy , Senior Solutions Consultant
    QuickBase | 603-674-5454 M | ktrachy@quickbase.com
      ReneeHansen
      Qrew Member

I can't even begin to thank you enough Kirk, I watch all of your videos religiously on YouTube to help me learn!

I am going to give this a watch and see if it works and I may have more questions after! :)

I have just been blown away by Quickbase since Feb 2020 when I discovered it and decided we needed a database for our company. I dove in headfirst and EVERYONE has been so nice and so helpful!

Thank you again!

Renee Hansen
      ReneeHansen
      Qrew Member

Hi Kirk,

the button link works great to open that embedded report into a new window.

next question is if I want that embedded report to show up on a specific form - how would do that?

Thanks!

Renee Hansen
      ReneeHansen
      Qrew Member

HALLP! I broke my link :(

I want to append this to open a code page that says you're request has been submitted:

But when I was messing around with it (Like I shouldn't have been) it broke. 

URLRoot()&"db/"&Dbid()&"?a=API_EditRecord&apptoken=92wd2db2nn765dy8e3tqcpksavu&rid="&[Record ID#]&"&_fid_186=Request Approval&rdr="&URLEncode(URLRoot()& "db/" &Dbid()&"?a=dr&rid="&[Record ID#]
      I get this error message:

The code page is this:

https://bounty.quickbase.com/db/bqduuj8ap?a=pageedit&pageID=18

Renee Hansen

LauraThacker
        Qrew Captain
        It looks like you are missing the closing-parenthesis off the end of the formula ) after the last [Record ID#]

Another version of this formula would be:

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid()& "?a=API_EditRecord&apptoken=92wd2db2nn765dy8e3tqcpksavu&rid=" & [Record ID#]
        & "&_fid_186=" & URLEncode(Request Approval) 
        & "&rdr=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#])

Laura Thacker (IDS)
        laura@intelligentdbs.com
        (626) 771 0454