Forum Discussion

JackWoods
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Customize "New Task" Button on a Project to Populate fields on task from Project

Hey Quickbase Family,

I'm trying to customize my "New Task" button on my project table so that the new tasks being created on that project can inherit a value from the project. The field is called "Personal Projects" and "Personal Tasks" and we want to make sure that if Project Project = Yes than the subsequent Tasks being added will also be Personal Tasks = Yes (And visa versa No > No).I've created a dynamic form rule to follow this logic but want my buttons to follow the same logic.

Below is my code in the button right now that I'm getting an error on. It talks of inheriting the name of the project first and the second part is my writing of the personal project information. "Personal Tasks" is field 102 in the system. I seem to get an error at the "&z="& (in red) telling me "There are extra characters beyond the end of my formula" 

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TASKS] & "?act=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_48=" & URLEncode ([Project ID]) & "?act=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_102=" & URLEncode ([Personal Project]) "&z="& Rurl()

Please help me resolve the issue so I can have Personal Projects only have Personal Tasks :) 

------------------------------
Jack Woods

3 Replies

• Use this Syntax

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TASKS] & "?act=API_GenAddRecordForm"
    & "&_fid_48=" & URLEncode ([Project ID])
    & "&_fid_102=" & URLEncode ([Personal Project]) 
    & "&z="& Rurl()

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JackWoods
      Qrew Trainee
      That worked - thank you

Jack Woods
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        np,
        I have an app in the Exchange called URL Formuals for Dummies, which attempts to explain the fundmentals of the syntax.
        Mark

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com