Forum Discussion

PaulConway
Qrew Member
3 years ago

How to extract metadata

Hoping can someone can help me.  I need a way of extracting/exporting all field information from a table.  The metadata not the actual data  - does anyone know if this is possible? 

Many thanks in advance

------------------------------
Paul Conway
------------------------------

4 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    Use the API and gather the data that way. You could use whatever coding language you are comfortable with or possibly even some integration service. If you run this against all of your tables it will provide you with a list of fields and more within those tables and some metadata about them.

https://help.quickbase.com/api-guide/getschema.html
      PaulConway
      Qrew Member

Thanks so much Austin.  Sounds technically beyond my capability but have asked a colleague to action as per your suggestion.  

Regards

Paul

Sent from Mail for Windows

This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and is intended solely for the addressees and other authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient please telephone or e-mail the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail or any attachments is prohibited. Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of heylo housing group. Registered Office address: 6 Wellington Place, 4th Floor (Ref: CSU), Leeds, LS1 4AP. Registered Number: 11104403

AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        Another option that may work for you, depending how you need this data to be shown, is to use the App Library in the app exchange. This gives you a list of all fields in every table in a way that you can control what is shown via a report. 

It may or may not give you what you want but might be worth look into at least. It is the less technical way but does require some setup to get working.