Forum Discussion

TimT
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Preventing access for a brief period

Hello,

I was looking for a solution for locking Users out for a brief period and giving their access back later in a less tedious manner.

Currently, to prevent access, we'll change the User roles to NONE. This is fairly easy but it's a bit time consuming switching them to none and switching them back when needed. Are there different options available to make this easier that i'm just not seeing? Looking for a way to do this in bulk and across multiple apps!

4 Replies

• It's a big stick, but you could put a bunch of users on the Deny list.  That will block access to all apps.

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • Hi Ralph,

I don't have a great tool for access across all app if you aren't using SCIM or SSO options in Quickbase but for a specific app it is possible to temporarily lock access to the app for all users in a role. For example if I wanted to lock out all my users in a visitor role when I was doing app maintenance. You would go into the App Settings and then into your Roles table. From there you pick the role you want to remove access for and as long as you are on the Permissions tab you will have access to an option to disable access to app for users with this role.  That allows you to close out app access for a specific role and once you are done all you have to do is go in and uncheck that checkbox. I hope that helps. 

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quickbase
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      ... I never knew that.  Thx Evan.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
      TimT
      Qrew Trainee
      Oooh, thank you both! somethings to play around with!

Tim D