Forum Discussion

ErikPye1
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Report based on edit date

Hey all,

Creating a table for users to update a very in-depth Roster with 25+ columns.  I'll need to compile changes and upload them to a secure server.  (The roster will have over 7000 names in it)

To start, I am going to send everyone a "full positive" spreadsheet, then they'll send me edits and I'll upload the spreadsheet to QuickBase.  

1) Will QuickBase see all uploads as changes or only those who actually change?  (i.e.- If i upload the same ID number, will QuickBase know it is the same number or see it as a change because I uploaded?

2) Is there a report that I can automate to run on a monthly basis that will onl show those changes that have happened in the past 30 days (t-30)?

------------------------------
Erik Pye

3 Replies

• Hi Erik, if you set the ID number from your spreadsheet as the key field for the Quick Base table, then only spreadsheet rows with new data will update its corresponding record in QB. So if you uploaded the exact same spreadsheet twice, the second time you ran it QB would say "0 records added, 0 records updated", as long as the spreadsheet includes your key field data.

Brian Cafferelli
      ErikPye1
      Qrew Member
      Thanks Brian,

The ID is the Key field.  I just did a test run and it doesn't seem to be the outcome I was hoping for.  I uploaded a temp roster yesterday, 638 contacts.  I then uploaded the edited version (658 contacts, including 20 new and 99 edited).  The Database recognized the 20 new, but also recognized the other 638 as edited (even though the large percentage had the exact same value).

----------------------------
      Erik Pye
        BrianCafferelli
        Quickbase Staff
        Hi Erik, it sounds like there might be something else going on there. If it keeps happening, could you open a support ticket so one of our customer care folks can take a look at it with you? You can open a case by going back into QB, clicking the ? > Manage Support Cases > + New Support Case.

Brian Cafferelli