Forum Discussion

JessicaVierra1
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Trouble with Dynamic Rules

I need to hide fields when a status is "ready for approval" OR "approved".  I got a "form warning" with suggestion to combine rules using "any".  Updated the rules accordingly. However, with "form warning" and 2 separate rules the form does as I need it to by hiding the fields when in "ready for approval" or "approved". When setting "any" [Side note: Can you please update the language to accurately address AND/OR rules?] and adding the condition to the rule, it does not hide all fields and only the first field identified is successfully hidden. 

Rule 1: 

Condition - Status = "approved"
Action - Hide the following buttons "Add" and "Add ROM" 

Rule 8:

Condition - Status = "ready for approval"

Action - Hide the following buttons "Add" and "Add ROM" 

To fix "form warning" Removed actions from Rule 1 Combined on Rule 8 so it reads as 

Condition - Status = "ready for approval"  ANY "approved"

Action - Hide the following buttons "Add ROM" AND "Add"

------------------------------
Jessica Vierra
IT PMC

3 Replies

• Hi Jessica, 
    You can select When Multiple Conditions are True,
    then select 'When Any' of the following conditions are true

Lisa Sell
      JessicaVierra1
      Qrew Member
      The language is "and when 'any' are true". Which is extremely confusing. 

Also, as I stated, I did that and the system did not fully follow the rule I set up. The second action was ignored [rule failure] but no error or "form warning" is shown. I confirmed there was no other conflicting rule. The only way this seems to work is with 2 separate rules and just ignoring the "form warning" which seems counter productive.

Jessica Vierra
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        I think you are confusing what they are saying. You need to literally select "multiple conditions" at the top of the rule. Then you can use it as you are wanting to. If you select 'any' below and then put your different conditions there it will trigger on any of them being true.

I'm sure it did seem confusing with the wording because you had it set for 'this AND any of these' rather than just ANY. With the right options selected it becomes much less confusing though and next time it probably won't be an issue.