Forum Discussion

MikeRorstad
Qrew Cadet
4 years ago

Need Help With Parent Child Relationships

Hello QB Community!

I am trying to find a way to add a record in a child table and include the relations to the parents' and grandparents' records.

This is an example of the structure.

We have multiple jobs in the Jobs table.

Each employee is given the authorization to charge a certain number of hours against that job number.  That is done through the table-to-table relationship "Add Authorization" which creates a record in the Authorization table.

Each day, there is a daily report that the job site manager is summarizing in the daily report table.   That is done through the table-to-table relationship "Add Daily Report" which creates a record in the Daily Report table.

From that record in the Daily Report table, the job site manager has been entering the people who worked on that job and the number of hours they worked through the table-to-table relationship "Add Hours Log" which creates a record in the Hour Log table.

Summary reports are used up the parent-child links to give a status on each job on how the labor hour consumption is going on each job.

I would like to add the ability to enter hours in the Hour Log table directly but when a new record is created in the Hour Log, I can't figure out how to input the related Daily Report number and the related Jobs number.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thank you,
Mike

------------------------------
michael.rorstad@ameebay.com
------------------------------
No RepliesBe the first to reply