Forum Discussion

MarkGlevicky
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago

10000 Records - List is now a search

We just crossed over 10000 records in our database.  Now, instead of a list of our customers, there's only a search function.  I can make another report I suppose which shows all customers, but it's two more clicks than what it was.  Can I change this back?  

2 Replies

• Are you referring to the Table Home Page?

If so, and you are using the default report for your Table Home Page, then Quick Base will do the thinking for you and not slow down your app whenever anyone goes to that Table Home Page, as otherwise Quick Base will need to sort up 10,000 records to figure out the first screen of records if you want to continue to have a List All type report as the Table Home Page.

But if you decide to take the Performance hit, then you can simply do a Customize this page on the Table Home Page and specify any report you like for the Table Home Page, including the List All Report.

Obviously if you had a million records then it would really slow down the App to sort a million records, but there is little practical difference between 9999 records and 10,001 records listing in the Table Home Page and being searchable.