Forum Discussion

MarkGlevicky
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

300 Emails (records) accidently deleted. Can't cut/paste from new table created from backup csv

I have a backup csv of our table.  Thought I could import the backup into a new table and just cut/paste into existing table.  Of course, no go. Why can't you do this between tables in grid edit?  Aside from that frustration, any thoughts on how to avoid typing all these back in from the backup csv?  Mark

9 Replies

• Open it in a grid edit mode using Internet Explorer. Copy from CSV file and paste many times until the grid get populated with all registers.
  • or else simply import the data into a scratch temp table and then use the More ... button to "copy these records to another table"

• Hi Mark,

If you have all those records in another table with the correct values and fields if you open up a report in that table that has all the records you want to copy over (for example the List All report) and you have all the fields set up that you want to bring over there is an option in the More dropdown to 'copy these records to another table'. This will allow you to trigger an import from this table into your original table with just those records and let you chose which fields match up between the two tables. This way you can set up copying those records over all at once and make sure every field lines up where you want it to import into.

I hope this suggestion is helpful.