Forum Discussion

BridgetHesselin
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Adding a total to a rich text formula

Hello, I have a Rich Text Formula field that takes numeric data from another field and turns negative #'s red and positive #'s green. Is it possible to total this formula field?

7 Replies

• Would it be possible instead to total the numeric field that you've already got? You can't sum a text formula field because it's not a number, but it sounds like you already have the number itself stored somewhere else.
  • Thanks Alex! I do have the numeric field totaled, but was hoping to have this all displayed in a single column on reports. 
      AlexCertificati
      Qrew Cadet
      Ah. That totally makes sense!

You could ditch the formula field and use the native color-coding report settings to color-code based on a formula on the source field, but that would color-code whole rows instead of just the cell. Only partial solutions to be found, I'm afraid.
  • .. it sure would be nice to just have cell level conditional formatting like excel does.  Then we would not have to do these Rich Text formuals which are especially difficult with numbers with decimals, such as currency and we would still get our easy totals.
      AlexCertificati
      Qrew Cadet
      I think they've teased a brand-new, entirely revamped Grid Edit experience for an upcoming release, so maybe something like that will be included!