Forum Discussion

GeoffreyHarmuth
Qrew Captain
7 years ago

adding groups of materials to work order

So this might come across as slightly complicated, but here goes - I have the following tables and relationships:

Table 1 = Job card
Table 2 = Line items
Table 3 = Materials

Relationship:  Job Cards < Line Items > Materials.

So this allows me to add multiple products to a job card and do some job costing.  Simple by the book quick base best practice.

Now what if I want to add a group of materials that make up a single "product".  So instead of adding in every single line item that makes up that product, I would like to try and setup something where I can select a product and it automatically pulls in all the items into the table.

Is there any best practices for this?  I'm sure it has been done before in many apps that deal with production line assemblies etc.

Thanks

2 Replies

• Geoffrey,

There are techniques to allow a list of Materials to be presented to the user and have them added to the Job card with a single click per line item added, and also there could be another technique where pre-bundled products could be established and the user could select a "Product bundle" and the required lines items for that bundle would be added on a single click.

Contact me off line via the contact info in my website QuickBaseCoach.com if you want help setting up these techniques.  My techniques use just native Quick Base with no scripting, but they are too complicated to explain on this forum.