Forum Discussion

DanSupport_
Qrew Cadet
8 years ago

Am I better off having a customer followup table within each application ? Or

Original Post:
Keeping the application in a silo or relating 1 followup table to all applications?

I am guessing having a stand alone application will mean that it is in a cross - application relationship and everything I am reading is that performance may be impacted?  Do the applications stay "Silo'd" if I have a table to table import set up from one application to the next.  For example I do a bunch of prep work in an Input table and the certain records now are ready to be imported to various applications depending on their type.  Does Quickbase look at all these applications as one because I have an import set up between them?  There is no cross application relationship set up...just a table to table import.  Thanks for any help.

1 Reply

• 1 comment

One thing to keep in mind when you use cross app relationships, is your users have to be users of all involved application to see or use the relationships.

Do you have any more information about the nature of these apps and why you'd want them to be combined vs. separate?

Answer

Regarding performance issues, you'll only see these when you have a truly connected eco-system of apps, meaning with cross-app relationships. TTI's don't generate any relationships between the applications and would not typically cause any long-term performance issues. The only concern with TTI's and performance issues would be an import that has to create or modify a very large data-set. 

Was this answer helpful?

OriginalAnswer by:
    Blake Harrison - DataBlender , Data Mixologist
    QuickBase Solution Provider a month ago

1 comment

Blake, I have a recollection that a TTI in fact does cause apps to be in the same eco system.  I think that Eric Mohlman (a QuickBase staffer) said that.  I am working on a problem now with QuickBase support to get an Application untangled from the eco system so I may learn by the end of it what makes an app part of the eco system.  Right now I have an app with no data, no cross app relationships, no script pages and no TTI's and its still connected.  I have escalated this with Support, but no answer yet.