Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
5 months ago

Any way to have user name know email before first login? SAML

I discovered an issue today, and am wondering if there is a workaround. We use SAML, so the Users email and password is governed by our IT Security Software. I can add users to QB, but until they login their first time, I get this notice when looking at a users information:

Once the user signs in the first time, that will show the users email address. The issue I am running into is  - I send out reminders to users, which must use, user fields. These user fields have no email associated, until the first sign in. Thus, they are not getting their reminders.

Does anyone know if there is a way to force the issue? To be sure that External Authentication ID is known and the User has an email associated to their user name, before the user has signed in the first time?

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

1 Reply

• Update in case anyone comes across this:

After extensive testing, it appears QB will in fact still send the email before the user has signed in the first time. There was a red herring as when I first tested, as the email did not fire. Since initial testing, the email is firing leading me to believe it was some one time glitch in the matrix on the first test, causing this red herring. 

Mike Tamoush