Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
3 years ago

Any way to redirect off a grid edit report?

I have a button that takes users to a grid edit report. Is there anyway to redirect them after they save? I tried &rdr and &NextURL. Rdr does as expected - redirects before the users have a chance to do anything. Next seems to do nothing? Perhaps it is only designed to work with the add record API? Any good workarounds?

var text Words = "Button Text";

var text Next = URLRoot() & "db/" & "bpxsuegfm?a=dbpage&pageID=4";

var text URL = URLRoot() & "db/br5abyum7?a=q&qid=10&nv=2&v0=" & [Record ID#] & "&v1=" & [Related SRM Project] & "&NextURL=" & URLEncode($Next);

"<a class='OpenAsPopup' data-height=850 data-width=800 href=" & $URL & ">" & $Words & "</a>"

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

2 Replies

• try this

var text URL = URLRoot() & "db/br5abyum7?a=q&qid=10&nv=2&v0=" & [Record ID#] & "&v1=" & [Related SRM Project]&navBack=true";

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander
      I can't actually tell in this instance if it works, but if so I don't think it fits my use case. I have a pop up, with the button on a report link. The pop up opens a grid edit report in another table.

No matter what, it redirects to the record I launched off of (which seems weird) Meaning, the record with the report link, is where it lands when the user saves the grid edit. Because I can't auto close the pop up, I usually redirect to a rich text page that simply says 'Please close this tab.'

Not sure what options I have when I am opening a report in a pop up, versus a record.

Mike Tamoush