Forum Discussion

QuincyAdam2
Qrew Trainee
8 months ago

API Link Redirect Not Working

Hello: I'm working on an approval management app that will send a link out via email, that a non-QuickBase user can click on to change the status of a status field, then redirect to a thank you page. I've done this at a former company, but couldn't locate anything with the same use case.

I got the link working where the status will update, however, it won't redirect to a thank you page I have setup. Here's the link that would display in the email:

https://company.quickbase.com/db/btj2wrtev?a=API_EditRecord&rid=1&_fid_8=Approved&apptoken=xxx&rdr=https://company.quickbase.com/db/btj2wq5eb?a=Showpage&pageID=5

The link will open the XML page with a success, but it doesn't redirect to my thank you page. I've tried dozens of variations, but unfortunately, did not get it to work correctly.

------------------------------
Quincy Adam

10 Replies

QuincyAdam2
      Qrew Trainee

Thanks Mark. When I plug this into the email, it just outputs as written above. I am using my realm and app token, but attached is how I'm pasting into notification template. I may misunderstand the execution of this.

Quincy Adam
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

I assume that you are firing a native Quickbase Notification. 

You should make a formula URL field  and then include the field is your email.  In the notification the button that the user will click is not going to look very pretty, but once you get that working as step one if you wanted to look more like a button instead of just a hyperlink then post back and I can help you with that but first things first let's get the button working in the basic email.  

So of course what I posted was just an example. You need to edit the formula to update the fields that you want and the landing page that you want to use her to land on. I just gave you a working example from out of my previous applications which was similar to your need.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
      QuincyAdam2
      Qrew Trainee

Hi Mark, 

I thought I messaged you, but must've not hit send. I think the above works, however, when it redirects, I get a prompt to login. How do you set the redirecting page to be public? I also tried linking externally, but that didn't work.

Quincy Adam
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

Hi Quincy,

I just did a test and it works perfectly for me.  In my test I had a table set to be open to everyone on the Internet and I was able to sign out and hit a button that would edit that record and redirect to her thank you page. All while logged out with no prompt to login. Can you post your code? Maybe there's something I can see there.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com