Forum Discussion

PhelanSanders
Qrew Assistant Captain
7 years ago

Assign Multiple users that belong to a particular team (Provider/Vendor) to one Case

I have a table Called "Providers" and a table called "Case Management (cases)" Each provider may have multiple case workers assigned to them. Each provider may have multiple cases assigned to them. In the Case Management Table, I would like to Select a provider, and individually assigned multiple users (case workers) to a case. These case workers may belong to a specific provider.

8 Replies

• I would like to know as well.  I am a traffic manager and would like to build collaborative tasks with multiple people assigned.  Is there a way to also have this show up in a calendar?  Right now i can only show 1 assigned user.
    AlexWilkinson
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Steph, it sounds like you need to create many-to-many relationships, and I'm guessing that you work for a non-profit or social service agency. I've been building Quick Base apps for non-profits for several years, mostly pro bono, and have lots of experience with many-to-many tables, case management, and service provider apps. If my assumptions are correct, I'd be happy to consult with you pro bono. Please contact me via my Quick Base profile, or reply here with additional information about your circumstances.
      _anomDiebolt_
      Qrew Elite
      QuickBase staff have chosen not to make your profile visible to other users for several months now. You can edit your profile all you want but currently nobody else will see it. But if you introduce your phone or email into your username, the body of the message or create an animated gif as your icon broadcasting your contact points they send you a naggy message.

Basically the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Sincerely,

[iol] & "module.js" & [/iol]
    MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    This is a fairly common need.  You will have 4 tables involved.

Provider -> (has many) Case Workers
    Provider -> Cases

Cases -> Case Assingments
    Case Workers -> Case Assignments

The "Case Assignment" table is your joined table (sometimes incorrectly called a many-to-many).

The kicker for this one will be to make sure that the "Case Worker" dropdown on the assignments table is conditional upon the [Related Provider].  That way you will only display the Case workers that are assigned to that particular Case.

Does that help?  Let us know if you are stuck anywhere.
      PhelanSanders
      Qrew Assistant Captain

Thanks Mathew,

I have created the tables above, however, I believe I am now having issues with the conditional Dropdown. It is giving me the message "First choose a Provider Staff (Case worker)" in the assignments table. I will like to only show those case workers related to the provider.

MCFNeil
      Qrew Captain
      When using the option of "Conditional Values" be sure to use the fields [Related XXXXXX].  

So you will pick the provider on the Case, but in the child table, you will need to pass that field as a lookup.  So pass the [Related Provider] field to the child table of 'assignments'.

Place that lookup field anywhere on the form, and then have your dropdown for "Case Worker".