Forum Discussion

CarlosCarlos
Qrew Assistant Captain
6 years ago

Auto SUM cost of items in an invoice (child records)

So I have an app that is being used to build a quote for vehicles. 
Initially the accessory options were added as check boxes and they would relate to a formula-numeric field that would add the cost of each selected. 

This is now un-sustainable, as accessories change price often, so I built 2 new tables:
Accesory (Master) holds the information of all accessories currently offered (Item ID, Name, Description, Img, Price, etc.)
Added Accessories is related to both the quote and the Accessory (Master) table, and holds the price using a snapshot field. 

Is there a way that when I am building a new Quote, and haven't saved it yet, I can see the total value of added accessories? 
I'm using a Grid-Edit to add child records to the quote, but need to have the total price of accessories in order to validate whether it will need management approval or if the salesman can just print & submit.

2 Replies

• Try using the split button on the save button called save and keep working.

Then if you like that, post back and I can give you code for a button that you can label as Update Total Price, which will do the save and keep working function.
      CarlosCarlos
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      That could work, but we wanted to avoid having to have a page refresh (sales guys are on ipads and load times sometimes are slow, depending on wifi coverage).

I would appreciate the Update Total Price button though, I'll propose it as a solution!
      Thanks!