Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Autocomplete options?

Are there any settings for autocomplete?

I have a 'Quantity Field' and when the user starts to type, it gives a list of auto-complete (not sure if this is the best term, it's not auto-completing as you type, its giving a list of possible options), and I am unsure what history it is remembering because it will give me options like 1.1234, and 1 1/2, and 1.2234. Clearly I have used these before somewhere but can't find it.

Is this per browser, or a native QB feature? What is it remembering, and can I tell it not to for certain fields?

Typically it is quite helpful, but I ran into a situation where it is not!

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush
------------------------------

1 Reply

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    If you are talking about the little white box that usually pops up below most text fields then that is per browser.

To delete it in Chrome you want to click the 3 dot menu > More tools > Clear browsing data. If you select "Autofill form data" here it will clear everything it has saved, so be sure you want that,

I cannot actually find a working way to inspect your autofill data in Chrome without opening the database file... It used to be possible but it seems to have been removed. There must be a way I am missing here. You can check your autofilled passwords, addresses, etc, just not your form data. 

If you want to look at the database you can find it here. https://superuser.com/questions/884029/see-all-autofill-data