Forum Discussion

kazuakikazuaki
Qrew Member
9 years ago

Automatically upload CSV data into QuickBase every one hour

I know this topics already talked about a lot, but I am very new to Computer business. I want to import CSV file to QuickBase. I watched Youtube and I could do manually, but my boss wants to automatically upload CSV data into QuickBase every one hour, so what is the best way to do this? Could someone explain to me step by step.

Thank you so much

Kazu

7 Replies

• Kazu,
    This is currently not possible to do in native QuickBase.  You would need to contract with a third party developer to do this for you.

But, There is a native product called QuickBase Sync which does automatically Synch with certain other data sources such as SalesForce.com and QuickBooks and about half a dozen others on a scheduled as often as once per hour.  At the time they announced QuickBase Synch, they said that the next Synch they were working on was a way to automatically Synch from a CSV file.  So, I would expect that sooner rather than later, they will announce that capability, but no one outside QuickBase knows when that will be ready to launch.

If you have budget for a third party provider, contact me off line via the information in my Profile and I can suggest some 3 party QuickBase partners you could contact.  or just wait a few months and hope that QuickBase Sync to CSV does get announced.
    MichelleCoslet
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Anyone know if this is possible yet without a third party? I've been playing around with google drive for the past two days and it's not working for me since i cannot edit the spreadsheet in Drive without losing the .csv format. Very frustrating.
    MichelleCoslet
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Thanks for the reply Mark. Unfortunately the QuickBase Sync does not work for our application since i cannot edit the CSV file directly in Google Drive. We would need to export the file from Drive, edit in excel, save as CSV, upload to drive then "re-link" the document to Quickbase. This does not save us any time.
    If Google Drive would let me edit the file that is uploaded in CSV format, all would be great. Unfortunately that is not the case here.
  • Got it. Could you use Box instead of Google Drive?  Box Edit may enable you to edit and save a CSV file using Excel.
  • I think you could continue to use Drive, but you wouldn't modify the CSV file directly in Drive. You would need to use the Google Drive app to sync the CSV file to your computer, where you could edit and save it with Excel (w/o having to change the file type). The updated file would then sync to Drive (then to QB).