Forum Discussion

PaulPeterson1
Qrew Assistant Captain
3 years ago

Automation Errors

I realize Automations are being deprecated and am working on replacing them, however, there are several automations still in use in my apps.  That being said, automations that were working previously are now giving me errors or not functioning correctly.  The one error I have seen a few times recently is:

SocketException: Too many open files: Loop Index: 2; Failed on Step: Add a record (ID: step_30067550df4111ebbfde2322ce54d66d);

What is the root cause of this error and why is it suddenly appearing?

------------------------------
Paul Peterson

13 Replies

• You would need to put in a support ticket.  I saw a lot of Automation failures starting late yesterday.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MichaelTamoush
      Qrew Captain
      I also had a lot of automations failing late yesterday. I put in a ticket and they said they were investigating the issue. No further word yet though.

Michael Tamoush
  • I have been seeing the same automation failure for several days now.  Interesting to see that this is happening across the platform and not just my application.​

Brett Hinman
      JimHarrison
      Qrew Champion
      Brett,

Thank you for making this post or I would not have realized it is a larger problem. Below are the three errors we have seen so far.

The automation had the following problem at 21:20 (UTC) on AUG 18, 2021 :

FileNotFoundException: /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/we/WEB-INF/lib/maven-artifact-3.0.5.jar (Too many open files)

The automation had the following problem at 22:45 (UTC) on AUG 18, 2021 :

There was a problem triggering your automation. This could be because of a problem with your automation, an internal system error, or due to it being disabled. Please check the automation setup and, if it is disabled, please review your trigger criteria and wait 30 minutes before re-enabling it.

The automation had the following problem at 23:34 (UTC) on AUG 18, 2021 :

There was a problem triggering your automation. This could be because of a problem with your automation, an internal system error, or due to it being disabled. Please check the automation setup and, if it is disabled, please review your trigger criteria and wait 30 minutes before re-enabling it.

Regards,
      Jim Harrison
      Portland, OR

Jim Harrison
      transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        I saw a few errors like this yesterday (across different Realms) and reported them but so far today has been clean. :)

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com