Forum Discussion

DanteTognoli
Qrew Captain
4 years ago

Automation filtering

I would like to modify a record in an app based on a trigger in another app via an automation. The problem I have is using the filters to identify the records I want to change. I want the record for the same employee in another app to be modified when I make the change. but the filter only seems to have fields that are located in the same table, so I can't look for matching fields in two different tables.

What am I doing wrong?

------------------------------
Dante Tognoli

10 Replies

• I don't  think the cross app aspect is a factor here. 

You need to select where a field matches "the value in another record" and then click the yellow button to see the fields in the Trigger Record.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DanteTognoli
      Qrew Captain
      But how do I identify which record will be modified? There are two lists of employees that reside in two different apps. When I click a checkbox for a particular empoyee in one list, I want it to modify the record for only that employee in the other list. I have the trigger field identified, but the filter that defines what records will be modified only shows fields that reside in the target record. what I wanted to do was filter so that when the employee id in the trigger record was the same as the employee id in the target record, modify only that record.

Dante Tognoli
        DanteTognoli
        Qrew Captain
        I don't see an option for filtering for when a field matches a value in another record.

Dante Tognoli