Forum Discussion

JadAl-Ashkar
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Automation making records, but only copying some values into the new record

Hi All.  I setup an app with some tables and some automations.  Essentially when I import/create a record in one table, it will create records in the other tables using the values from the 'import' table.

The records in the tables are being created properly, and relationships between the records are being created properly.  The problem is when a record is created in some of the tables, not all of the specified values are getting copied into the new record.

In one of the tables, I have 6 checkbox fields.  Created 3 of them initially, created 3 more later.  In 1 of the automations, all 6 of the values are copied from the 'import' table record into these fields within the new record in the target table.  The first 3 value are reliably copying from the 'import' record, but the 3 newer items are not.

I can see the values in the import record are there.  These 6 fields in the import table are checkbox formulas, they get checked based on conditions within other fields.  However the formulas are definitely working properly.

Is there an issue with using checkbox formula fields within an automation?  Is the formula not applied before the automation to create the target record perhaps?  I'm really at a loss why 3 of these would work and 3 would not.  The only connection here is that the 3 that work are old fields (made before the automation) and the 3 that are not working were added after the automation was made, and then added to the automation.

If it matters, I created the 3 newer fields by copying one of the older fields, then renaming and modifying the formula in the new copies.

Thanks for listening.  :)

------------------------------
Jad Al-Ashkar

1 Reply

• Found it.  For some reason I had a field type mismatch between the tables.  Deleted the fields in the target table and recreated them, now they're fine.  Weird.

Thanks.

Jad Al-Ashkar