Forum Discussion

HemaRajendran
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Automation Query

Is there a way to Automatically notify a manager when the reporters finish 10 days from the hire date?

------------------------------
Thanks in Advance
App Dev

4 Replies

• This sounds like something that is specific to your business process. Can you provide more information about your application and what you're trying to do?

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/
      HemaRajendran
      Qrew Member
      About our App:
      The QB application specific to our business contains many tables, Employee table is one among them this table contains Employee data (like hire date, Employee details, manager name)
      What I'm trying to do is
      I'm trying to notify the New Employee's manager with a list of users who completed 10-20 days from the Hire date
      Purpose:
      Is to check the New Employee performance

App Dev
        BlakeHarrison
        Qrew Captain
        There are probably a few different ways to do this, but I would recommend the following setup:
        • On the Employee table, create some field that you can use to flag an Employee who has been reviewed during this period (possibly as simple as a checkbox or as complex as a child table that tracks all reviews throughout the employee's time at the company)
        • On the Employee table, I would create a report that is filtered to show Employees that meet the following criteria:
          • [Manager] is the current user
          • [Hire Date] is more than 10 days ago AND [Hire Date] is less than 20 days ago
          • [Initial Review Flag] is False
        • On the Manager Dashboard, add a Report Widget and select the report you just built
        This setup requires the Manager to keep track of their direct reports and puts the responsibility of knowing when someone is due for review on them. 

If you need to have an email generated and sent to the Managers, you can do this as a Reminder, but it is not as flexible as other Email formats and will simply send a list of the Employees that meet the criteria you setup in your Reminder. My recommendation for Email would be to still setup the report as I outlined above and then setup a Report Subscription.

Blake Harrison
        bharrison@datablender.io
        DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
        Atlanta GA
        404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/
  • To go along with what Blake was saying if your goal is to notify managers when a Hire that reports to them has met a certain time since their start date a reminder or subscription is most likely your best bet. As long as you have a start date field set up in each employee record you can create a reminder that is set to come 10 days and another that is set to come 20 days after the start date on the employees record. You can do the same with Subscriptions but instead you would create a report that lists all employees that fall instead of certain report filter criteria (for example a report that is set to show employees with a start date 10 or more days in the past who hasn't had a review checkbox checked). To learn more about subscriptions and reminders here are some help documents on them.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base