Forum Discussion

MarkShnier__You
Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
2 years ago

Automations End of Life delayed until "TBD"

I see that Quickbase has announced a TBD date on the Automations End of Life date in the October Release Notes.

Quickbase October 2022 Release Notes 

Automations not reaching End of Life in January 2023

The next phase in our Automations retirement journey is the End of Life phase. This is the final phase, when the Automations feature will be completely removed from the product. Pipelines is the future of automation and integration in Quickbase. It supports both orchestrating workflows within Quickbase and integrating workflows across your tech ecosystem, all in one place.

To prepare for the End of Life of Automations, we gathered feedback from many of you on how you plan to continue creating new no-code workflows. This uncovered an opportunity for several key improvements to Pipelines, which will replace Automations. These improvements will make it easier to build and govern pipelines, and help pipelines run faster than ever before. We also heard that you needed more time to accomplish the task of migrating your existing automated workflows over into Pipelines. Based on the feedback we gathered from many of our customers, we believe this extension in the End of Life timeline will successfully allow for you to plan and accomplish your migrations. For more information, please refer to our Community post about the phases and timeline for the Automations retirement project. As a reminder, Quickbase Automations is no longer a supported feature. Therefore, it is no longer possible to create new automations. We recommend that you continue to migrate any remaining automations you have to pipelines. To learn more about migrating to Pipelines, please see this community post. In addition, we've created a brand-new workshop called How to get from A to P which is designed to teach Pipelines to those familiar with using Automations.

We will share more details on the timeline for Automations End of Life in upcoming release notes.

(my bolding added)

You will have at least six months notice to prepare for the new End of Life date.

------------------------------
Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
mark.shnier@gmail.com

2 Replies

• Mark,

Have you seen any updates on this? I just got a survey pop up asking when I was planning on switching everything to pipelines, implying maybe they had a new End of Life date, but I havent seen anything.

Mike Tamoush
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

In fact there is a Pipelines user group meeting yesterday and John Karas who is the Product Manager for Pipelines and Automations was on the call.  Yes they are "musing" about setting an end of life date and are hence doing increased surveying to get a sense user's comfort level with Pipelines, both from an ease-of-use point of view and also from feature issues.  My two biggest bugaboos are the ability for Admins to share access to Administer Pipelines and also the fact that under some circumstances renaming fields can break a pipeline and that ties into what they refer to as "Unification" ... for example Field Usage in native Quickbase being able to see if the field is used in a Pipeline.

So whenever I see that little survey pop up I harp on those two issues every time.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com