Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
3 years ago

Bar Chart Question

I feel like this should be a simple task, but for some reason I am just not getting it.

I have an audit form with 20 questions. Each question can be pass/fail. I want to set up a bar chart where each bar is the total number of fails for all audits. So if on four of the audits there is a 'fail' for question 1, then the bar would show 4. And when I drilldown, it will show me those 4 specific audits.

My closest attempt is setting my x axis to the year of the audit, then adding all 20 questions (fail checkbox) to my y axis. This gives me almost my desired result. The chart looks right, but the drill down shows me all audits in that particular year (versus only the 4 audits with the fail).

I can't seem to wrap my head around how I should set this up.

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

4 Replies

• Your Analysis would be way more flexible if you designed the survey with a header record and then 20 children with the 20 questions. Then you could slice and dice the children on charts anyway you want.  20 children would automatically be imported when the user created a new Audit.

At this point if you wanted beautiful analysis then you would have to create the children after the fact using Automations or Pipelines create 20 children corresponding to the 20 answers on the Parent audit.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander
      Aww yes that makes sense. Due to the fact that these audits are done in the field on mobile devices, it's much easier for the techs to simply scroll down a record and answer questions, rather than continuously edit child records (too bad no grid edit on mobile).

But I can think about creating children for analytics. I suppose if I set up the same bar chart, then my drill down would show the specific children than had the failures...

Mike Tamoush
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Yes, if you're on mobile then you want to have a regular form and not be into grid edit. But your analysis would be done on the children. Just wanted to be clear about that. So the point would be to set up automations that when the record and saved or edited the automation should delete all the children and then re-create them fresh.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com