Forum Discussion

AdamKeever1
Qrew Commander
7 years ago

Bottom of Page Obscured by Locked Taskbar

With the new user interface, the bottom of the page is obscured by my Locked Taskbar which is at the bottom of the page. This did not happen before Quick Base went purple.

When will this be fixed?

10 Replies

• Hi Adam,

What do you mean by a locked task bar at the bottom of the page that is obscuring your work flow? Do you have a screenshot you can share of what this looks like?
    BethBeth
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Strangely (?) enough, I have been noticing this as well.  I do have screenshots - see below.  I can reliably reproduce it,  but for the life of me I can't see why it happens in some cases and not in others.  Scrolling up and down doesn't cause it to load any further/better.   I am in Chrome build  65.0.3325.181, on a Win 10 Pro machine. It doesn't seem to happen in Firefox, or at least not on the reports I can use in Chrome to make it happen.

Here is how it looks. This is from a report; you can sort of click on the links to get to the next pages, but it's dicey.

But it doesn't always happen - this is the same report, a few pages in. (It did happen on page 5!)

And here's an example not from a special report, but just from the table's home page, where the last record isn't listed at full height compared to the others above it.
  • Hi Beth,

Now that you have pointed it out I do see what you mean at the bottom of the page in reports that have pagination or totals and averages that visually the very bottom rows are inconsistently getting cut off. I have brought this to the attention of our Escalations lead so he can let our PD teams know this is happening. I would suggest anyone experiencing this issue that would like to be kept up to date put in a support case with our Care Team. This way they can be sure to get notification of a patch or fix and more specific details for the issues they are seeing. 
    BethBeth
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Hi Evan - too many forums (or ways to get in touch) to keep track of.  Anyway, here's another, possibly related, problem.  When using the row colorization formulas, the first time you use the "Choose fields & functions" dropdown, it expands w-a-y below the bottom of the page, and you have to click away from it to scroll down to see all of it.

Once you've managed to get your browser window scrolled down to where it needs to be, it still cuts off awkwardly, and it is very hard to scroll in the box without it jumping out and then you loose where you are and have to go through the process again.  It'd be nice if the whole "Choose fields..." box were off to the right like it used to be :( on the fields page, or if the row colorization were moved up on the page so this weren't an issue.
  • Hi Beth,

Thanks for the additional feedback and the screenshots. I have passed this information on to our Escalations lead. For anyone else receiving this issue if they would like to be kept up to be notified on the issue when a patch or fix goes out they can submit a support case or keep an eye out on our upcoming release notes. Thank you very much for your time and the details Beth.
  • This actually appeared in February. I put in a support case and it was closed. Looks like someone is developing on a bigger screen than us and didn't use EM's or % in their Div's.

From QB Support:

I did a bit of research and found that this is an issue we are aware of. There is currently an escalation surrounding this issue, and has to do specifically with Chrome, which is why IE seems to be fine.

The bug id is QBE012111 and you will be notified once it is fixed directly. Keep this for your records, so that when it is fixed, you can verify.
      BethBeth
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      I often say that developers (and testers) sometimes forget to use different monitors and computers than what they use day-to-day. :)  Sounds like that hit again!
      Glad you alerted them to this earlier; hope it does get totally fixed soon.
      It must be miserable to try to account for different browsers, settings, monitors, and such. Kudos to QB for doing as well as they do!
  • Thank you for expanding on that Beth. That is exactly the issue.

In addition to that, the help hover dialogue freezes from time to time and the only way to get it to clear is to refresh the page:

This is when it first freezes:

This shows the dialogue frozen even when a new dialogue pops up:

This shows the dialogue present even after escaping out of the help dialogue:

Here are the browser details:
      BethBeth
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Well, it does even more than that! When you search for something, it keeps the info that was in the search before (why?) and puts it below the "what do you need help with?" box.  
      The View a Single Record was there when I opened the help box, and it has nothing to do with what I wanted.