Forum Discussion

WadeMyers1
Qrew Member
2 years ago
Solved

Branching to a page and returning, using Iframe

I have a Daily Status Report (DSR) form which contains several rules, and 2 reports. one of those reports points to a TASKS table. Each record in the shows a "copy" button, which purpose is simply to duplicate the task in that row with all the same data. 

The DSR uses Iframe (launching the DSR Form using IFV=1)

Problem: when you click the "Copy" button it does what it is supposed to by duplicating task,  BUT it drops you back into the DSR form without the Iframe controls - basically it looks like any other form.

The code looks like this:

var text Copy = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?act=API_CopyMasterDetail&relfids=80&recurse=false&copyFid=6&destrid=0&sourcerid=" & [Record ID#]

var text DisplayDSR = URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TIME_CARD] & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID# of Focus DSR];

$Copy
& "&rdr=" & URLEncode($DisplayDSR)

I tried modifying Display DSR by adding iframe in the end like this:

var text DisplayDSR = URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TIME_CARD] & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID# of Focus DSR] & "ifv=1";

The results were that it created the duplicate task, but the it gave me a message about not having permissions to that page, so I removed it.

I'm looking for help on how I can modify the button code to bring the user back to the form in iframe mode. Thanks in advance!

Side note: There is a token required on this app, but I didn't want to post that here.

------------------------------
Wade Myers
  • Wade
    this
    & "ifv=1";

s/b 
    & "&ifv=1";

The & inside the quotes means "Heads up Quickbase, parameter comin' at you and it's called ifv.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

3 Replies

• Wade
    this
    & "ifv=1";

s/b 
    & "&ifv=1";

The & inside the quotes means "Heads up Quickbase, parameter comin' at you and it's called ifv.

mark.shnier@gmail.com
      WadeMyers1
      Qrew Member
      that seems to work fine, but the Tasks assigned to this dsr get redisplay no-longer in grid edit mode

Wade Myers
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        If you want to land the user in edit mode change

"?a=dr

to "?a=er

mark.shnier@gmail.com