Forum Discussion

JoshPayette
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Bug Report With Grid Edit

Good afternoon all -

Found what I think might be a bug to bring to your attention. I create a new Grid Edit report, and specify specific report columns. Upon the initial save of the report and viewing, it shows exactly the columns I specified. However, if I ever click the save button at the top of that report, it appears to reset my column specifications and show all columns. The settings of the report still show it configured for my specific columns, but no amount of tinkering can resolve this in my efforts.

EDIT: Images are kind of out of order. Image #1 is the report config. Image #3 is the initial column headers, matching the config. Image #2 is the column headers after clicking save a single time.

------------------------------
Josh Payette
------------------------------
​​​​​

2 Replies

• Hi Josh,

I've just noticed the same issue with all reports today. Did you have a workaround or a solution for this? Try all sorts of things to tackle this issue, but no luck. Wondering if its a bug...

Your ideas would be greatly appreciated!

SiniWickramasin
      Qrew Cadet

Hi Josh,

Please disregard my earlier post. With the issue I had, it is the normal behavior of QB. It wasnt a bug. How each user can access Grid-Edit can be controlled by Forms>"Set how different roles use these forms", then under "Grid-Edit" column set it to "Standard Behavior". This will load the correct grid-edit mode of any report as expected. This fixed my issue. Hopefully this helps.

Take care...