Forum Discussion

SarahDriscoll1
Qrew Trainee
11 months ago

Button to only show specific part of form

Hello,

I have been trying to mess around with this but have not fully figured it out.

Is there a way that if someone clicked a button, I could then have is check a box that a checklist is started and then use dynamic form rules to only show that portion of the form? Next part of it would also include that once they click "Save & Close" that it then unchecks the box so that users can see the full form again.

Is is possible to write logic around this functionality? 

------------------------------
Sarah Driscoll

12 Replies

• I assume that you were talking about legacy forms and not the new style forms.You can have form rules to hide tabs and hide sections based on the checkbox. Then you can have a Forum rule that says

when the record is saved, change [my checkbox field] to unchecked.

The checks box field could be set with a default value of being checked so that when you were creating a new record most of the form would be hidden.

You can Probably do something similar on new forms but I just haven't used them enough to offer advice.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      SarahDriscoll1
      Qrew Trainee

Hi Mark!

It would be with the new forms. I currently have a button on a report that ideally, when clicked, it would only show that specific section of the form. 

I was thinking if I altered the formula of the button to essentially say when clicked, go check this box. Then in the form rules I could say what you mentioned above. I didn't even think that I could put into the form rules to uncheck from there. 

Not sure if that logic is sound and would work or if this isn't possible.

Sarah Driscoll
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

If new forms support a form rule that says when the record is saved, change a checkbox field to unchecked, then i could help you write a button which would edit the record, uncheck the box and then display the record in edit mode.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com