Forum Discussion

ObaidullahKhol1
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Calendar Date Blocking

I have what seems to be a relatively simple problem, but I can't seem to get the right formula. I need to be able to have events blocked across multiple dates given its start date and end date.

------------------------------
Obaidullah Kholwadia

3 Replies

MichelleChapman
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Did you find a solution to this? This is what I am now trying to accomplish as well for a vacation calendar.

Michelle Chapman
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion
      Can you clarify your question?  What  are you trying to do.  You can certainly enter a vacation spanning multiple days and have that show on a calendar report.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MichelleChapman
        Qrew Assistant Captain
        Hi Mark,
        Sorry we haven't spoken in awhile, end of year was insanely busy. I am just now getting to work on projects and building a little bit again.

I have a vacation time tracker in QuickBase, where staff enters the amount of hours used but it wasn't very detailed on start date/time, end date/time because actual vacation requests and days off were tracked in Outlook. My bosses would like to transfer the tracking over to QuickBase. I added the Start Date, Start Time, End Date, End Time fields and created two formula date/time fields to combine Start Date/Time into one and End Date/Time into another. 

I figured out how to have it display from start to end now that I created those fields :) Sometimes I just have to start building before I ask.

Next question though...I know I can create notifications to users when an entry is created but is there any way to make it so the recipient has to approve or deny the entry before it shows?

Again I probably have to start building because now I am thinking a field that has 3 options...requested, approved, denied would probably be the answer. When the recipient receives the notification they must review it and approve or deny. Once approved a filter on the calendar report can make it so only approved entries show on the calendar...

So no questions now I guess unless you have any tips or thoughts. :)

Michelle Chapman