Forum Discussion

ByronDeane
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Changing the label for the Totaling Row

You know how the bottom row in some reports can displays totals for fields that you want to total?  The label for that row is "TOT".  Is there any way to change the "TOT" to "TOTAL"?  Asking for a friend. :)

------------------------------
Byron Deane

5 Replies

• You can with script, are you familiar with IOL?

$(".tt .t:nth-child(1)").text("TOTAL");

Everett Patterson
    hhersch
    Qrew Captain
    Hi Byron - we do not support that natively. I would encourage you to put this on UserVoice as it is an area of the platform we might be visiting soon. Note that any unsupported JavaScript manipulations are not supported by Quick Base and might break in the future.

Harrison Hersch
    DonLarson
    Qrew Commander
    Byron,

Is that the only discrepancy in the report?  If everything else including the column headers ( Is this a Summary vs Table?)  then I would live with the issue instead of breaking into the console to override the templates.

However if you cannot get the report to give you the info you need, consider going to a Business Intelligence tool like Tableau.    Quick Base is great at business process, fast and reliable.

Complex reports, outer joins, nested rows....     These are the purview of other tools.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH
    EmberKrumwied
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Found this post as it was an ask by one of my power users (i.e. the funding source for our use of the platform) and wondering if any advancement in modifying this had been made.  Or has another workaround been discovered that could be utilized?

Thanks

Ember