Forum Discussion

BethBeth
Qrew Assistant Captain
7 years ago

Checkbox field labels on forms are always on the right. Why? Is there a fix?

No matter which option is set for a section, the label for a checkbox *always* appears to the RIGHT of the box.  Why can't it go where the section option says - to the left, or above, consistent with the rest of the info in a section.  Screenshots below, left and above; see how the checkbox labels don't move.
(I saw where some one asked this four years ago without a resolution,  so maybe I'm the only person who cares? )
LABELS AT LEFT:

LABELS ABOVE:

7 Replies

• Use IOL with script similar to this:
    var $Field = $("#_fid_6");
    var $Label = $Field.next("label");
    $Field.insertAfter($Label);
      BethBeth
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Ok, gonna try this.  Looks like fun; I will be so happy if I can make this work! Thanks!
  • >Why can't it go where the section option says - to the left, or above, consistent with the rest of the info in a section. 

Because historically QuickBase has implemented features by hardcoding acceptable default behavior that the majority of people (80%) would be happy with but often leaving the other 20% with no options or workarounds. The problem with this philosophy of product development is that browsers and web development in general are exploding with new features and capabilities which cannot be taken advantage of because everything in QuickBase is hardcoded.

The only way out of this dilemma is to use script. Save yourself a lot of heartache and use script for everything.
    BethBeth
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Thanks!  Now to see if I can make these work.  Wish me luck!
      _anomDiebolt_
      Qrew Elite
      Embrace your inner script. You cannot fail. This will be a glorious week for you. 
        StephenJackson
        Qrew Member
        Hi, since javascript doesn't work on QB anymore, how would I now change the location of the text relative to the checkbox? Thanks!

------------------------------
        Stephen Jackson
        ------------------------------