Forum Discussion

AmberGoodman
Qrew Cadet
11 months ago

Child Record redirects to new parent record when saved

In the new form, when I add a child record from a link on the parent record and then save the child record it redirects me back to the parent table in an "add new record" mode instead of back to the original parent record I was working on.  This is causing duplicate records to be made because the user thinks the initial parent record wasn't saved.  If I save the parent record before clicking on the add new child record button then it redirects back to the parent record I was working on just fine, but if that save doesn't happen before clicking the add child record button first then it will take us back to add new record to parent table.  Anyone know of a fix for this?

------------------------------
Amber Goodman

8 Replies

• Go to the Advanced Settings of the table and Check the Box that Says "AutoSave when redirected away from the Page"
    This should save the Parent record and allow it to attach the child correctly. Is the button you are using the system-generated add button or a Formula URL you created? If it is the latter, you may just need to fix the redirect.

Tammie King
    tjking@mintz.com
    (978)828-9643
      AmberGoodman
      Qrew Cadet

That is already turned on.  It does save the parent record and take you to the child record, but when you save the child record it doesn't take you back to the parent record you just created.  It takes to into the parent table in a new record so our users are hitting save there and basically creating another new record.  Now if I save the parent record and then click the button to add a new child record it will bring me back to the existing record but not if I don't save the parent record before clicking to add a child record.

Amber Goodman
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

I have not tested, but sounds like a bug to me that needs be be reported.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com