Forum Discussion

AnneTheisen
Qrew Trainee
10 years ago

concatenate a date and a time field to one date/time field

I have a start event and stop event that is recorded as separate date and time of day fields. I want to be able to calculate duration but need the date as some events start today but end tomorrow.

I have separate fields to assist in data entry because you can simply type "t" for today in the date field (lovely if there is a shortcut key such as "n" (now) for time - is there?) and then just type the time. In the date/time type field the shortcut "t" doesn't work so you end up having to type MM/DD/YY and HH:MM (and PM if not the default AM).

If you know of a better faster way - let me know!

6 Replies

• In your formula field for duration (this is untested) you should be able to use:

ToTimestamp([end date],[end time])-ToTimestamp([beginning date],[beginning time])
  • I would like to create an auto numbering system on a form which would add my OEM lookup field with the current year and record number to create a unique numbering system.  Any suggestions?
  • I received the following error 

Please check the syntax of your formula. Look for mismatched parentheses, missing quotes, or extra brackets.