Forum Discussion

NancyAbell
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Conditional Drop Down Field Use in Editable Embedded Table?

I have two tables; Release Orders and Release Order Line Items (parent, child respectively of course). Instead of adding each RO Line item individually, selecting a conditional drop down field, adding quantities and then saving, I want the end user to be able to select the conditional drop down field from the embedded editable table in the Release Order table, enter the Qty of the and fly through the order. Unfortunately, I am unable to find a simple solution for this issue . If there is a native way to perform this, I'd like to hire a developer quickly. :)

5 Replies

• There should be no problem do do this natively and much as I might like to be hired, there should be no need.

What is the problem in Grid Edit and what is the name of the field that needs to be selected as the "Condition" that precedes the selection of the line item.  ie, what the Line item drop down is conditional on.
    MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Just a note here:

if the conditional drop-down is dependent on a value from the parent (most likely scenario), it cannot be used in an 'editable' report to add new child records.

Reason being is the child record doesn't exist thus it doesn't have the lookup value that is controlling the conditional behavior. 
      NancyAbell
      Qrew Trainee
      This was my problem. Thank you both! found a work around solution to my problem!
        JuanSolorio1
        Qrew Cadet
        Hi Nancy,

Can you share your workaround? I am also experiencing the same issue.

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
        Juan Solorio
        ------------------------------
      KamberKamber
      Qrew Member
      Can you please share your work around solution? I am having this same issue.