Forum Discussion

AllisonWatson
Qrew Member
5 months ago

Conditional Dropdown showing too many choices

I hope someone can help with this....here is my issue:

I have a drop-down field to choose a customer name.  Then there is a conditional field for "Sign Types", so when you choose a customer it shows you all of their sign types.  The problem is now when I go to choose the customer, it shows me multiples of the same name.  If there are 6 sign types for a particular customer, then it is showing the customer name 6 times on the list.  It didn't used to do this, it used to show just 1 choice for each customer.  I'm not sure when it changed, but I cannot figure out to to fix it.  How do I fix this?

thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Allison Watson

3 Replies

• Are you saying that the dropdown is just showing the customer name repeated 6 times where you are expecting to see the 6 sign types in the dropdown? Or is the issue that it's not actually conditional anymore and you're seeing incorrect options? 

If it's the former - sounds like your record picker in the Sign Types table needs to be reset in the 'Advanced Settings'. You would swap out the Default Record Picker fields to show the sign type again. 

If it's the latter - then it sounds like you might have duplicates entered in your sign types table where it's matching options that are repeated 6 times. 

Chayce Duncan
      AllisonWatson
      Qrew Member

Hi Chayce.  I guess my title was a little misleading.  The problem isn't with the conditional drop-down of Sign Types - it's with the drop-down for Customer.  Right now we just have 3 customers with sign types, and when you click on the customer drop-down it used to just show the 3 customer names - 1 of each customer.  Now, there are multiples of each customer name - here is a screen shot to show what I'm talking about:

Allison Watson
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Your field label shows as Customer/Project - is the source of this table a list of Projects related to a Customer? So do you have a handful of projects for Fifth Third Bank? The dropdown is going to pull the list of records from the source table, did you add more Projects to that table recently? 

Chayce Duncan