Forum Discussion

AanokhiGupta
Qrew Member
5 months ago

Conditional edit/read-only on Grid edit

Hi there,

I have a field "Current Stock", which should become non-editable on grid edit after 14th of every month. Prior to 14th the field should remain editable on grid edit. This I have achieved successfully on form rules. But is there solution which can be achieved on Grid Edit? Or is there any API to disable the grid edit functionality using scheduled pipeline?

Regards! 

------------------------------
Aanokhi Gupta

3 Replies

• Formula fields are not editable ..... so I suggest that you make a formula mirror field of current stock.

Then make an alternate report to be used for the embedded report using this field.

Then make a checkbox formula field to der time of the day if the month is after the 14th.

Then using form rules show the alternate report link field (old forms) or the alternate  embedded report (new forms) 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AanokhiGupta
      Qrew Member

Thank you Mark for the solution, but the grid edit report is used independently without embedding the it in any forms. So is there a solution in that case?

Aanokhi Gupta
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

You can have two reports.  Have a filter on the first report which causes the report to go blank after the 14th, that way people won't use it.  

There would also be a way to have a button on a 1 line report based on a special table with just one record in it  on the dashboard, or home page to run the appropriate report based on todays date.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com