Forum Discussion

KentOrourke
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Conditional Formatting

Is there any way to set each column in a row with an independent conditional format. I have a table that each row is a half hour interval snapshot that shows an number that can be negative or positive, with each column as a day. I want the intervals (row) for the specific day (column) that are negative to show in red for that number in that row/column. 

This example for the 9:00 am row, only the Current-Mon and Current-Sat would be in red the others would be unchanged.

------------------------------
Kent Orourke

4 Replies

• Quickbase does not have simple conditional formatting like Excel does.  You will need to create a duplicate field for each field that you want to appear with formatting.  This will only work on a Table report type and not a summary report type.  You do appear to be using a Table report, but then if you are showing text field on the report (the formatted fields would be Rich Text field types). you would lose any totals. 

Is it OK to lose all totals?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KentOrourke
      Qrew Member
      I don't use any totals for this report.

Kent Orourke
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        Here is a formula which will format the numbers as text including the comma separator for the thousands and if the number does not have any decimals it will add .0 to the end so that the formatting will look consistent.

// just substitute in your field name in the line below

var number Value = [My Number];

var text MyNumberInTextFormatRaw =
        ToFormattedText(Round($Value,0.1),"comma_dot");

var text MyNumberInTextFormat =
        If(not Contains($MyNumberInTextFormatRaw,"."), $MyNumberInTextFormatRaw & ".0", $MyNumberInTextFormatRaw);

If($Value <0, "<b><font color=red>" & $MyNumberInTextFormat, $MyNumberInTextFormat)

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com