Forum Discussion

GeoffreyHarmuth
Qrew Captain
6 years ago

Convert comma separated values to new child records

So i have a Table for Job cards and a second child table for parts used.  These 2 tables are connected with a Line items table:

Job Card --<Line Items >--Parts

I have a third party app that automatically pushes information into the Job card table when employees have completed a job card on site.

The problem I am having is that the line items get posted into quick base separated by commas and the number of units in a different field also separated by commas.

this is how it comes into quickbase:

Field 1[Item] :        Screws,Plugs,Nuts,Pipe
Field 2[Quantity] :  2,3,1,1

so I want to create 4 line item records onto the Job card that shows

a. Screws x 2
b. Plugs x 3
c. Nuts x 1
d. Pipe x 1

Is there any way I can take the 2 bits of information and create a child record to bring line items into the job card?

29 Replies

• The formula for the records to be updated with also need to include the two fields for the related parents.

But CSV is the way to go.
      DanLadner1
      Qrew Trainee
      Good call, wouldn't work too well without the reference field values!
      GeoffreyHarmuth
      Qrew Captain
      ok, im getting a better understanding of this.  I've never done a webhook such as this.  Is there any example you may have?

QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      I�m just heading into a client site right now so I don�t have time to respond with an example.

But my advice includes the following.

Have a look at the Online documentation for the import from CSV API and it will give you an example of the syntax to use near the bottom of the documentation.

You will need to include a user token because everything in Quick Base including web hooks hast to run under some user IDs authority.

If your application requires application tokens, and that is set in the advance properties tab at the application level, then you will also need to provide to user token.