Forum Discussion

HayleyBishop
Qrew Trainee
11 months ago

Convert Legacy Forms to New Forms

Hello All!

Is there a way to quickly convert a Legacy Form to a New Form? I'm excited to implement New Forms on our apps, but if we begin changing existing forms to enhance the user experience, I think we will need to do the same in many apps and tables. 

Other than pulling up my existing forms on the side and making a new form manually, looking at the old form, is there a good way to convert Legacy Forms to New Forms? If not, can I submit that as a suggestion?

Thanks so much!

------------------------------
Hayley Bishop
Quickbase Developer and App Admin

5 Replies

• Hayley,

There is no conversion tool at present. They have been focussing all of their development efforts on developing the new form as opposed to a tool to migrate old forms to new forms. If you go to the My Apps page at the extreme left there is a blue tab for give feedback and you can give your feedback there. All feedback is read by very human Product Managers and is taken into account when assessing feature prioritization based on if they think it's a great idea vs the development effort and also the number of others who vote for your suggestion.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

HayleyBishop
      Qrew Trainee

Hey Mark! Wow, that was a quick response, thank you!

I understand, the new forms is exciting -- and must have been a lot of work! I figured I would just check. 

As it turns out, my "Feedback" tool is broken. When I click on the "Feedback" button, a 'modal' pops up on the left side of my screen, but it's completely blank, and I can't click on anything. I think I've tried to report this issue before, but it's tough to report feedback on a broken feedback button-!

Thanks so much for your help!

Hayley Bishop
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

If the feedback button is broken for you, I suggest that you put in a support ticket using the ? at the top right.

Mark

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com