Forum Discussion

AmyGosz1
Qrew Trainee
3 months ago

Convert Numeric Fields to Birth Date

I have 3 multi-choice fields (Month, Day, Year) which contain numbers only and I have converted those fields to Numeric fields. I need to put the three fields together to get the birth date (MM-DD-YYYY). We are doing it this way because users in other countries need to populate the info and we have to make sure they don't enter a date as DD-MM-YYYY. By having the 3 different fields, that allows us to control the output.

I have tried using both the original field values and the numeric field values but can't get the right output. What is the best way to convert multiple choice fields to a date field? Thank you!

------------------------------
Amy Gosz

3 Replies

• ToDate( [Month] & "-" & [Day] & "-" & [Year]) should do it (swapping out your actual field names of course)

Chayce Duncan
  • Np, the function is Date ...

Date([YYYY], [MM], [DD])

The Date function expects numeric fields, and of course, just adjust those field names to match your own, but they need to be in that sequence year, then, the month, then the day.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AmyGosz1
      Qrew Trainee

Worked perfect! Just not intuitive that the year would be listed first but still get the output MM-DD-YYYY. Thank you Mark!

Amy Gosz