Forum Discussion

MichaelMurphy
Qrew Member
8 years ago

Copying multiple records from one table to another as separate records

This app is for a field audit. There are approx. 50 questions on the audit that never change. The questions are scored as "S", "U", "Y", "N", "NA". I currently hold the audit results in one large table with each question:score pair held in it's own column along with the Date, Location and a couple other things being one record. This makes for easy form entry but it is terrible for reporting purposes.

What I would like to do with a Formula - URL button is create individual question:score records along with the date, location, etc., in a new table. So each existing "audit" record would create approx 50 records in the new table. I can do this with API_AddRecord but the nested URLEncode gets ridiculous. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies

• We could write a script for you that would take care of this. Contact me in the info in my profile if you are interested.

Otherwise, you would need to create the big formula with all the redirects which gets hairy pretty quick.
      MichaelMurphy
      Qrew Member
      Thanks Eric, my other avenue of thought is to fully normalize the table structure but then my dilemma is how to build an input form that presents all the questions with answer options but writes each question:score as separate records....
      Eric_J_Hansen
      Qrew Cadet
      You could create a button that generates the questions as child records (from a template, perhaps using the copy master detail tool) and then on the master record, display the child records in grid edit / editable view.