Forum Discussion

JustinOwens2
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Copying New Forms

Has anyone found a way to copy the new forms? With the legacy forms there was a little copy button next to the form, but the new forms only have a search icon. Will I have to completely re-create a form from scratch if I want to copy it?

------------------------------
Justin Owens

5 Replies

• Nope...
    This is a Much needed Feature!!

Ricardo Sendra ( Rispent )
      HayleyBishop
      Qrew Trainee

I second this!! I've been able to duplicate a new form when I copy an entire table, but not when I want to make a new version of the same form. 

I second this! Duplicating forms would be extremely useful so that I can have one form when users 'add' a record, and another when users 'edit' a record. My form uses dynamic rules, and since you can't copy and paste the rules either, it's prohibitively inconvenient to duplicate forms. 

Hayley Bishop
  • Any updates if this will be a new feature?  I need to use forms to collect data but I also need to have a testing table.  So if I create forms in the test table, I would like to copy it over to the production table.  My forms are complicated so doing it over by scratch is very time consuming.  There should be at least an export/import feature for forms.

• You can copy a form to duplicate it in the new table.  You can copy a Table and the Forms  will also be copied.

But it's unlikely that QuickBase would prioritize copying a form from one table to another as the fields would likely not match exactly.