Forum Discussion

Stephony_DBH_
Qrew Cadet
8 years ago

Create a field that totals up dollar amounts from invoices that are assigned to a specific agency

I would like to create a field that totals up dollar amounts from invoices that are assigned to a specific agency. For example, I have a table that's for invoices. Each agency may have around 30 invoices. I can easily get the total from the default report but I would like it to be a field that I can pull into an email. 

2 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    If you want the total on the 'Agency' record you can create a summary field to pull the total from all the individual 'invoices'.  You can set different criteria for only summarizing data that is 'outstanding' or any other defining fields you have on the invoices.

If you want that total to be on the invoices related to the 'agency' you can then pass that lookup, back down to the 'invoices'.

You may want to make defined summaries, because the situations may vary depending on the 'status' of those invoices.

Then wherever you make your email, you can have those specific fields. 
    AnnS_
    Qrew Trainee
    I have a similar question, I have an expenses table our field guys enter their expenses into daily. I need the "Food" dollar amounts not to exceed $40 a day and "Parking" not to exceed $10 a day for reimbursement purposes.

I don't want to use form rules because I think people will be adding these in grid edit most of the time. 

Can I create 2 fields one to total any expense amounts in the food category for one day and then another field called expense payout total to be either the daily expense total or $40 whichever is less.