Forum Discussion

AmandaLloyd
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Create a gate model program for multiple projects

Hi, I am trying to create a gate model program for projects. It must include the project details and the individual gate details (such as planned dated, completed etc...). I currently have a table for projects and a table for all the gate details, but I must then create all the gates everytime I add a new project. Each project must complete the 11 gates so I would like to have a standard list of all the gates automatically linked to the projects. What is the best way to do this?

6 Replies

• I think you may want to try the CopyMasterDetail button. Create one project as your template, add all the related detail records or in your case the Gate details. Then you'll have a button to create a copy which will make the parent and add all the related gate details automatically. I used this on an app but use custom script to do it automatically when a new record is created.
    https://yqc.quickbase.com/user-assistance/copy_master_detail.html
      AmandaLloyd
      Qrew Trainee
      Thank you for your response. I am now looking into the link you sent me.
  • Amanda,
    You may prefer to use the method that Chuck suggested, but instead of copying your model project, you may prefer to create a new project and them make the button such that it imports a standard set of Gates into that project.

When you make the button it will give you that choice.

Typically, I then have a summary field to count that gates and then if the projects already has gates, I would suppress that import std gates button.
      AmandaLloyd
      Qrew Trainee
      Can you explain a bit more. Do I have to create a seperate table for the standard gates? I currently have a list in my Gate details table where I pick which gatemodel it is.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      The idea is to create a model template project in the regular Projects table. Set the permissions so that regular users cannot edit it

Then use the wizard in app mananahement to create the magic button for you.

Choose the option offered to always select gates from the same project, then you will be allowed to specify your template project as the source for the gates.