Forum Discussion

alessandroaless
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

CRM - recording the date in stage change filed

Hello Everyone

I?m using a CRM app and I need some feed back.

I have the typical situation where I need to record the status in my STAGE  field  the OPPORTUNITY TABLE and need to record the stage change dates to be used in a report.

The STAGE field is text-multiple choice field with a drop down (  information request , design support ,tender, final negotiation, closed won , closed lost).

What is the best approach to do this?

Create 5 formula date field that records the date change for the STAGE filed?

Any other suggestions to record the date without building the formula data fields?

5 Replies

BradLemke
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    How are you planning to update the status?  Via Kanban or through individual form edits?
  • Hi Brad,
    Yes the status is updated by the users as the opportunity changes status:
    Last week the status was NEGOTIATION and it maybe changed to CLOSED WON  this week.
    The change are done on the form edit by a drop-down multiple choice text field.(no Kanban).
    Thanks

• Text - MC fields have a native option to 'Log the edits to this field, and show them on forms'.

Is that what you need?
    BradLemke
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Alessandro, I would do two things for your scenario:

1: as Alex suggested, make a change to the multiple choice field to log edits so that you can see a log of changes.

2: Create a form rule to automatically set the date field to 'current date' when the multiple choice field is set to a value that you want the date field updated.