Forum Discussion

CarlosRobinson
Qrew Member
6 years ago

CSV FILEF ROM BOX SYNC DONT SHOW THE INFORMATION INTO THE TABLE AND DOES NOT REFRESH INTO QUICKBASE

Hi
I have a problem with some excel file (csv) that is save in box when Im trying to created the table and choose the file from box only the header appears when the table is created in quickbase the excel file have information in every header but does not appers. Also when im trying to refesh the data does no appers the new file that are created in that excel file that is autosave in box even when quickbase said that the file has been file the new information does not appear is the table in Quickbase.
Also hope someone can tell me the differences between choosing make my table match the last CSV file and keep everything in the table and add new record I tried to used both and the problem about the refresh and the no data showing in the headers continued.

Please hope some can help or give me some tips.

Thanks a lot.

CR

1 Reply

• Hi Carlos,

If you are having these issues with your Sync table I would suggest putting in a case with the Quick Base Care team so they can take a look at your Sync set up and your Box with you to make sure everything is set. You can do that by clicking on the question mark icon in the upper right hand corner when signed into Quick Base and selecting Manage Support Cases or by clicking here

Alternatively there are several common issues that are good to check for when having issues with a Sync connection. The first is to make sure that the saved file is a CSV and not another format like XLSX. You also want to make sure you have full permissions to the Box that you are using for the sync. Then when you are sure of both of those things you would want to check your Sync type (Whether it is set to Keep Everything or Match Exactly) for a Keep Everything connection you want to make sure that you are putting the file you want to sync into the right folder in Box under the Quick Base Sync folder and then in another folder of its own and that the file isn't in the Done folder. For a Match Exactly you want to make sure that you have only 1 CSV in that folder as it lines up to a single CSV using Match Exactly. Finally you may want to try testing out creating a brand new connection to the same source to see if you have applied a filter which is preventing records from being brought in correctly, as you can set a filter to a sync and if it doesn't find any matching records that meet the filter criteria it can prevent records from being uploaded without an error message, as they don't meet the sync filter. Starting from scratch you can be sure that you have no filters in place that would conflict. If none of these suggestions work then a Care case will put you in touch with a Care team member who can take a look at the settings with you. Thank you very much for your time today.