Forum Discussion

DanPark1
Qrew Cadet
8 years ago

Custom Error Message According Unique Fields

I have a table called "Clients"
In this table I have a formula field called "Validation ID" which concatenates a client's first name, last name, and phone number into a single string.
Validation ID is also a unique field to prevent duplicate Client entries into the system.
When I try to save a duplicate client record a Quickbase message pops up saying 

"Fields which are marked unique must contain unique values for all the records. You have entered a duplicate value for the unique field "Validation ID" Please check your data and try again.
(The client was not saved)
_"

Is there a way to modify/customize this message?

I would like for it to say something like "This Client Already Exists"

_

5 Replies

• No problem. Sort of. The one thing you csn control is your field name. So experiment with a longer user friendly field name such as [This client already exists]
  • My renaming the field the new message that would come up is... 

"Fields which are marked unique must contain unique values for all the records. You have entered a duplicate value for the unique field "This Client Already Exists" Please check your data and try again.
    (The client was not saved)
    "?
  • It works but it is a bit invasive of QuickBase's authored page (I am modifying their standard error message after the fact).

Also, there might be other unique fields that should generate the same error message or other error messages associated with the same form submission and these possibilities would have to be explored.