Forum Discussion

RickPutnam
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Custom Report Link question

I have an Accounts Payable app that maps Invoices to Purchase Orders. A purchase order may be referenced by several invoices so I have a relationship between Purchase Orders as parent and Invoices as child. On the Invoices form, I want to display a report showing any other invoices that reference this invoice's purchase order.

To achieve this, I created a report link that relates invoices by the purchase order. So far so good. Now I'd like to filter the current invoice -- where the report is displayed -- from the report.

For example: Invoices 123, 456, and 789 all reference PO ABC. On the form displaying Invoice 123, I'd like the report link to display only invoices 456 and 789.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this.

------------------------------
Rick Putnam

2 Replies

• It's not easily done.

If it was super important, you would need to set up some kind of user focus relationship and button and then put a button on the invoice to put it in focus and then and only then to display the "brother" invoices.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      RickPutnam
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks for the response, Mark. It makes sense that it is not easily done. I think I can continue as is -- at least for now.

Rick Putnam