Forum Discussion

LAURARAMIREZ
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

DATE field in log the edits to this field and show them on forms?

Will QUICKBASE consider including DATE field in log the edits to this field and show them on forms?  This would be extremely helpful!!!  I am not sure how to do this on my own. 

3 Replies

• If you enable logging and take the default settings to log new entries at the bottom, then these three formulas will work to parse out the latest update

Parsing Append Only Fields

so... if you have a text field set to Log Changes where the new entries act in the default manner which is to be at the bottom of the updates, here are some formuals to use to parse out the values from the most recent entry.  I am also assuming that you are logging the date and not the date and time.

Most recent value (formula text field type)

Trim(Right([my update field],"]"))

Date of most recent update (this needs to be a formula date field)

ToDate(Left(Right([my update field],"["),9))

Who did the most recent update (formula text field type)

Trim(NotLeft(Left(Right([my update field],"["),"]"),9))
  • Will QUICKBASE consider including DATE field.  You can use this feature on TEXT field type but it is not available for DATE field type.  Why?  Will QUICKBASE consider this feature for DATE type fields as well?  If not how can I show history of date on the form if someone changes the Project Start Date.
  • If you want to log date changes I suggest using an ACTION.  You can write them to a child table or there is a way to wrote them into a text field with logging enabled if you prefer that.